So………… I realize that you can’t say the first thing that comes to mind at times…… someone may take what you say literally….Rewind to last Wednesday: So, J and try this new place called Mikes Nashville Hot at Austin Landings. I ordered the medium chicken that the cashier suggested and the food was pretty good. Now, at the end of that meal, I said to J, “That chicken was mild….I could have handled the Nashville hot!!!!” (the hottest chicken on the menu)
FastForward to today: So, I wake up to J smiling……..and she says “babe, are you hungry???”
Me- *thinks to self: girlll, you know I’m hungry* “What do you have?”
Also me- 😴 *falls back asleep*
When I wake up again ….a platter lays in front of me!! I mean: green beans, baked beans, hash brown casserole, perch, and chicken!!!😍😍😍
So she says “babe, I got you the Nashville hot!”
But as one does when he is about to go in… I didn’t hear any of that!!!!
My first clue should have been the fact that the chicken appeared to be glowing… I’m talking “The shogun of Harlem glow!” *Who’s the master!!!*
So….I take the first bite and it isn’t bad……. it had sort of a delayed burn….. by the 4th bite….. okay, have you ever seen something that wasn’t there….. cuz that fourth bite brought on a hallucination, premonition, or flashback……idk which!!!!!
This chicken was so hot that:
– My stomach growl sounded like E.T.!!*Phoneeeeeeee Homeeeeee*
– it tasted like live flame!!!!
– she must gone in and said: dip it in 7 herbs and spices, and then drag it through the dirts of helllllll!! (in a movie villain voice)
– I said forget the sides and started eating ice from the ice water with a spoon!!
– Everything lost flavor…. anything that wasn’t ice only intensified the heat!!
– A tear 😢 dropped from my eye as I thought to my self….. this is only round one!!!💩🔥😳
So……today’s lesson is: Say what you mean, and mean what you say!!!!